Disability and Inclusion Access Advisory Group
The Disability and Inclusion Access Advisory Group was established in 2017 to promote equitable participation in the region for people living with disability through:
- Provision of information advice, and suggestions to Council on disability issues based on lived experience.
- Review disability access facilities provided to Council buildings and public places within the area
- Assist Council with the development and implementation of the Barossa, Light and Lower North Disability Access and Inclusion Plan and Council’s Disability Access and Inclusion Action Plan
- Act as an advisory role in respect of issues relating to the provision of facilities for persons with a disability relative to the application of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 , Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016, and the Disability Inclusion Act (SA) 2018.
- Actively seek feedback from the community about access and inclusion issues and refer them to Council or other appropriate organisation
- Offer advice to the owners of non-Council owned facilities regarding improving access and inclusion for people with disability
Membership is made up of people with disability, carers of people with disability, disability service providers, and Council staff with new members are welcome.