Home library service
Our Home Library Service offers a free, personalised delivery service that brings the library to your home.
How it works
The Home Library Service is a free monthly service available to residents of The Barossa Council who are unable to visit or access our libraries. This includes young families, elderly residents, people living with disabilities, people living with temporary or permanent health conditions, and/or people who require assistance selecting and transporting library materials.
The Home Library Service provides a full range of library services, including answers to requests for information, and delivery of specifically requested titles in a variety of formats. The Home Library Service team will consult with you about your choice of materials to suit your individual reading, listening and viewing interests. A library staff member or registered Council volunteer will visit you on a monthly basis to deliver your items.
Items that can be delivered
- Books, large print books, audiobooks, magazines, CDs, DVDs and games
- Our Home Library Service team can select items for you according to your preferences and specific requests. Or you can self-select and the Home Library Service team will deliver the items to your home
Access our digital library
- You can access the library’s collection of digital resources, including; eBooks and e-audiobooks, digital magazines, digital newspapers, and a range of databases - here
How to apply
If you, a family member, or friend would be interested in applying for this service, complete the Home Library Service online form below. Alternatively, you can call us on 8563 8440 to speak with our Home Library Service team.
Please note, you must meet certain criteria to be eligible for the service.
Home library service enquiry form
What happens next?
After we receive your application form our Home Library Service team will arrange a time to meet and discuss the service in more detail with you. They will also ask you for your borrowing preferences and explain when and what time they will visit you each month.
To be eligible for the Home Library Service, you must meet certain criteria that will be determined by the Home Library Service team.
You are unable to visit any of our library branches due to:
- Vision impairment
- Full-time caring obligations
- Chronic condition
- Injury (permanent or temporary)
- Illnesses or disabilities which prevent from accessing the library. These conditions may be temporary, recurring or permanent.
- People who are able to visit the library, but because of frailty or disability are unable to carry items home.
- People who live in residential establishments, such as residential care homes, supported-accommodation and hospitals
- People who are engaged in full-time care for people
- Children who are in the care of any of the above groups