Contemporary library services for the Barossa22 Aug. 2022
The Barossa Council is implementing a range of contemporary library services to better meet the diverse needs of the community. Council has endorsed the Library Services Review and have approved implementation of Phase 1 recommendations, which include:
- upgrades to Mt Pleasant Library
- the closure of Angaston Library; community consultation on alternative library service delivery
- community consultation on the future use of the Angaston Library space (underway)
- activation of an outdoor space at Nuriootpa Library for children’s programs and general community use
- trialing changes to library opening hours
Mayor Bim Lange said these changes will enable Council to deliver a wide range of contemporary and personalised library services to the Barossa region, both within traditional library buildings and via outreach programs.
"Our libraries and community outreach provide an interactive and connected service to the community through child, adult, local history and digital literacy programs. The Library Service Review is an opportunity to promote and deliver our full range of library services to the community."
The Barossa Council encourages the community to provide their input towards the Library Services Review Phase 2 recommendations, which will be available for consultation in 2023.