Have your say on building inspections23 Mar. 2021
You can have a say on proposed changes to building inspections and compliance for homes, commercial buildings and pools.
Our draft Building Inspection Policy significantly increases the number of minimum inspections, in response to requirements under the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 that took effect on Friday, 19 March.
The draft Policy introduces:
- increased building inspections and building compliance activity
- inspections for homes in high bushfire zones
- new building compliance expiations
- pool inspections prior to the sale of a property
- increased inspections of commercial buildings
Mayor Bim Lange said the new State planning system will result in more visibility of building activity taking place in the community.
“The increased requirements for inspections give us more community touchpoints during the building process and ensure backyard pools meet vital safety standards,” he said.
People can have their say on the draft policy from 24 March until 14 April 2021 at yoursay.barossa.sa.gov.au