We're proud of our partnerships with key regional stakeholders to help promote the brand Barossa, maintain the integrity of the region’s culture, heritage and environment, identify economic opportunities and challenges, support better business, employment and education opportunities, and to lobby government and industry.
Through these collaborative partnerships we are delivering on our vision of enhancing our premium food, wine and tourism region and its unique lifestyle, heritage and community spirit.
Barossa Australia was formed in January 2022, following the merger of Barossa Grape & Wine Association (BGWA) and Tourism Barossa (TBI). It is the peak tourism and wine industry body in Barossa.
On behalf of over 550 wine grape growers, 170 wineries and 220 tourism operators, Barossa Australia is the beacon for collaborative investment and collective action, initiating and delivering projects for the benefit of the Barossa tourism, grape and wine industries.
Barossa Australia is uniquely positioned to nurture and promote brand Barossa to a global audience, to facilitate within Barossa the uptake of tourism, vineyard, winery and business best practice and to comment and lobby on government and industry policy issues.
Barossa Australia Vision
Barossa to become a global brand that creates enduring value for anyone connected to it.
Barossa Australia Mission
To have tourism, hospitality, winemaking and grape growing professionals working collaboratively to achieve more vibrant and highly valued regional industry. This is based upon the production of wines of excellence, internationally recognised for exceeding visitor and consumer expectations and derived through practices that are both environmentally and economically sustainable.
Barossa Australia Values
Barossa Australia has a commitment:
- to maintain and nurture our culture and heritage
- as industry stakeholders to join and work together for the common good
- to superior quality and best practices
- to environmental and economic sustainability
- to research and innovation
- to diversity of our region and its products
- to the ongoing positioning of Brand Barossa
- to our community and our people
- to take pride in our culture and heritage
Barossa Australia Role
- Marketing and promotion of the Barossa wine region and its wines
- Marketing and promotion of Barossa as a premium tourism region
- Capability development and support within the tourism and hospitality sectors
- Best practice wine grape and wine production
- Policy development and implementation
The Barossa Cellar
991 Stockwell Road
Vine Vale SA 5353
Regional Development Australia
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Barossa Gawler Light Adelaide Plains has a Board of Industry leaders from key sectors across the region, supported by a professional team, which collaborates with the three spheres of government to identify economic opportunity and challenges – and ways to address them.
RDA offers business advisory services, support and assistance with investment proposals and getting ready for finance (including grants assistance); undertakes infrastructure and capability audits in the region and promotes sustainability, creativity, innovation, jobs, and the outstanding liveability of the Barossa Gawler Light Adelaide Plains Region
Barossa Campus offers individual, group, and lecture spaces with high-speed internet, live streaming webinars, online connectivity to your university, and more.