Barossa Valley branch of Make-A-Wish
- Date Posted
- 23 February 2023
- Children and Youth
- Angaston, Eden Valley, Lyndoch, Moculta, Mount Pleasant, Nuriootpa, Penrice, Springton, Stockwell, Tanunda, Williamstown, Various, Kapunda, Freeling, Gawler, Altona, Marananga, Adelaide, Yattalunga, Bethany
Roles and responsibilities
- support volunteers in granting life-changing and inspirational Wishes to sick kids under the auspices of Make-A-Wish Australia
- support development of fundraising activities/calendar that can be sustained into the future
- participate in social engagements to connect volunteers together
- take on key branch positions aligned to individual strengths and talents
- increase our community presence, sharing our stories and inspiring the local community to share in the power of a wish
Training and development is provided to new volunteers including child-safe training.
Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Our mission is to grant the wish of every eligible child – a quest sparked by the belief that a wish is integral to a child’s treatment.
When you join as a volunteer of the Barossa Valley branch of Make-A-Wish Australia, you join our network of 1000 volunteers and become part of the world’s largest wish-granting organisation. By joining the #WishForce you will make a difference in the lives of sick kids, their families and local communities.