Dementia Friendly Communities Garden
- Date Posted
- 13 August 2021
- Dementia Friendly Garden - Barossa Bushgardens
- Gardening & Environmental
Roles and responsibilities
This garden is designed for people living with dementia and their families.
A safe and tranquil public setting where people can share their stories.
If you have an interest in gardening and 'dementia awareness' then this is a volunteer role for you!
- Planting, weeding and nurturing the garden.
- Welcoming visiting families.
- Supporting clients with morning tea.
Induction training provided.
Police check required.
Drivers licence required.
About Dementia Friendly Garden - Barossa Bushgardens
The Barossa Bushgardens are situated on a 7-hectare site and showcases approximately 130 out of 400 local Barossa plant species. They contain display gardens such as the Dementia Friendly Garden, the Fire-Wise Garden and the Eremophila Garden.