Emergency Relief Interviewer
- Date Posted
- 25 November 2021
- Lutheran Care Emergency Relief
- Community care & community support
Roles and responsibilities
This role supports people in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or low income who are in immediate need.
- greeting and interviewing clients to assess their eligibility for assistance
- advocating on behalf of clients and referring them to other services
- assist in managing stock levels in the food pantry and our linen supplies
We are looking for volunteers to assist for 3 hour shifts on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Volunteering with Lutheran Care requires a Working with Children Check. WWCC's are free for volunteers.
About Lutheran Care Emergency Relief
Lutheran Care provides support to families, couples and individuals in the Barossa Council and surrounding areas. Services are based in Nuriootpa and include emergency relief, financial counselling, family and relationship counselling, community services support, tax help, the Community Visitors Scheme program and Christmas hampers.