- Date Posted
- 13 August 2021
- Barossa Village
- Community Support
Roles and responsibilities
Being community owned, volunteering plays an important role at Barossa Village. We recognise the significant contribution of volunteering to the quality and vibrancy of our workplace and the broader Barossa region.
Do you enjoy laughter and making a difference?
Do you want to give back to community?
If so we have a role for you. It can be for as little as a few hours a week.
Barossa Village are currently seeking volunteers to:
- Visit, chat and provide social connections with our residents
- Assist lifestyle staff on bus outings and weekly social gatherings
- Assist residents at the residency to come to and from programs
At Barossa Village we expect all volunteers to engage positively with everyone that they come into contact with. Our focus is on developing relationships which are open and respectful.
Positive relationship based service behaviours are:
- Caring: desires to help people
- Compassionate: feels or shows sympathy or concern for others
- Considerate: thinks of others and the consequences
- Impartial: treats all persons equally; fair and just
- Polite: Thoughtful, exhibiting good manners
Some manual handling, pushing of wheel chairs may be required.
Flu vaccinations and Police checks required.
About Barossa Village
Barossa Village is a non for profit and community owned organisation, providing aged care services to the region since 1964.
Now, more than ever, Barossa Village understands how important
your health and wellbeing are to you. They offer peace of mind through their pathways for care: independent living, supported accommodation and residential