Op Shop Volunteer
- Date Posted
- 4 November 2021
- Barossa Village
- Community care & community support
Roles and Responsibilities
Do you enjoy chatting and meeting new people? Then the retail environment of Barossa Village’s Op Shop is the place to be.
Barossa Village has a dedicated team of Op Shop volunteers working 9.30am – 12.30pm or 12.30pm – 3.30pm across Wednesday – Friday.
If you have a spare 3 hours a week, we’d love to hear from you.
Funds generated from the Op Shop will be going back in to the community via scholarships to people studying in the aged care sector.
- Emptying drop off bin / trolley
- Sorting of clothes and other dropped off items
- Merchandising The Village Op Shop as new products arrive
- Serving customers in a kind and caring manner
- Ensure customers sign in using the QR code or manually for health tracing
At Barossa Village we expect all Workers to engage positively with everyone that they come into contact with. Our focus is on developing relationships which are open and respectful. Positive relationship based service behaviours are:
- Caring: desires to help people
- Compassionate: feels or shows sympathy or concern for others
- Considerate: thinks of others and the consequences
- Impartial: treats all persons equally; fair and just
- Polite: Thoughtful, exhibiting good manners
About Barossa Village
Barossa Village is a non for profit and community owned organisation, providing aged care services to the region since 1964.
Now, more than ever, Barossa Village understands how important
your health and wellbeing are to you. They offer peace of mind through their pathways for care: independent living, supported accommodation and residential