Vegetable Garden Volunteer
- Date Posted
- 13 August 2021
- Lyndoch Primary School
- Gardening & environmental
Roles and responsibilities
Volunteers needed to work with students in the school's vegetable garden
- connectedness with the outdoors: students learn about their natural environment, the seasons, and how to care for the garden
- practical skills: students learn about sustainability skills
- life skills: students learn about lifelong skills such as cooperating, sharing, critical thinking and leadership
- wellbeing: students and adults develop positive relationships building a sense of connectedness and fun
Location: Lyndoch Primary School garden, 1 hour per week.
Benefits for the volunteer:
- promotion of healthy lifestyle
- contribution to education
About Lyndoch Primary School
Lyndoch Primary School is in the town of Lyndoch, situated approximately 14 km east of Gawler and 75 km from Adelaide in South Australia.
Lyndoch Primary School was first established in 1875 as a private school and was registered as a public school in 1877. At that time it was located on the corner of Foster and King Street. In 1879 the school was moved to its current site on Margaret Street. When the school was first listed as a public school it had 19 students attending. The current number of students is now around 140.
At Lyndoch PS our students understand their role as global citizens who strive to reach their individual potential in any field and thus take control of their own destiny.
- Melissa Babic