A petition is a document with the names, signatures and addresses of a group of people who have a common issue of concern or idea to bring to council for consideration.
Petitions must be:
- legibly written, typed, or printed
- setout with the request or submission of the petitioners at the top of each page
- clear with the name of each person printed with their signature and address
- addressed to the council and delivered to our Nuriootpa office
- state the name and contact details of the head petitioner.
Please be aware that if your petition does not meet the above guidelines, it will not be deemed to be a petition. This means that council may receive the submission, but it may not be dealt with, or termed a petition.
You may use the Council Petition Template or create your own provided it meets the guidelines above.
Your petition will need to be submitted with a cover letter to the Chief Executive Officer by post, or email, or to council’s main office.
Please include the following details in the head of the petition:
- contact details of head petitioner