Licences and permits
There are many activities that require the approval of Council in using Council facilities or undertaking an activity on Council land. You can access information for activities at the following links.
- mobile food vendors on council land
- general use on Council land
- commercial use of a footpath
- use of water standpipes
- placement of skip bin or shipping containers onto Council land
- electoral signs.
Activities that require a licence and permit
- if you are planning an event, please visit the events page for up-to-date information
- if you have queries around signage and necessary authorisation
- if you want to use an unmade road
- if you are changing or updating access to your property you may need Council approval to ensure safe access and management in locations of stormwater
- if you are wanting to plant trees or other landscaping on Council land.
If you're not sure if you require council approval please give us a call on 8563 8444.
If you are holding an event, undertaking a new development, or have a business offering that requires the sale of or has the consumption of alcohol, you may require a new or changed liquor license.
To assist you in obtaining any necessary approvals we encourage you to engage with the South Australian Consumer and Business Service at the earliest opportunity in your planning to ensure what you are proposing is legal and addresses any development law matters.
You can find out more about Liquor Licensing and Alcohol Dry Areas on our Business Event Applications page.