Skip to main content

Financial hardship

If you're experiencing financial difficulty you may be eligible for support to pay your rates. To find out if you may be eligible, you can view our Rates Hardship Policy for eligibility requirements. We may be in this position to defer payments, (in whole or part payments), or waive rates, charges or interest, (in whole or part), if you're suffering extreme financial hardship.

Applications must be made in writing using the Hardship Application Form and are to be submitted to the following:

Coordinator Financial Services
The Barossa Council,
PO Box 867, Nuriootpa SA 5355

All applications are treated confidentially and are assessed on a case by case basis.

Alternatively, if you wish to make a request to change the way you pay your rates you can do so by filling out the below request alternative arrangements to pay rates application form.

Request alternative arrangements to pay rates application

If you're finding it difficult to meet your rates due date you can request alternative payment arrangements by filling out this form

Postal address

This can be found in the bottom-left corner of your Rate Notice

Choice of payment frequency *
Do you require a hard copy of the schedule to be posted to you?

Subscribe to stay up to date