Skip to main content

Objecting to your valuation

All land within a Council area, except for land specifically exempt, eg Crown land, Council occupied land, is rateable.

The Barossa Council uses the capital valuation provided by the Valuer-General as its property value for setting rates.

You may not agree that your value is correct and you have a right to appeal that valuation within 60 days of receiving a valuation notice. Your Council rates notice is a valuation notice. The Valuer-General can extend the objection period given reasonable cause. 

Find out more about property valuations and objecting to your valuation to the Valuer-General.

Subscribe to stay up to date