Rates and charges information
Rates can be paid in full by 1 September, or alternatively in four equal, (or nearly equal), instalments that are due in the first week of September, December, March, and June. A new notice is sent out a month before the due date for each instalment. Payments must be paid and received by Council on or before the following dates:
- 29 September 2020
- 1 December 2020
- 2 March 2021
- 1 June 2021
- Online through our secure and convenient ePayment online services
- BPAY - please note if you don't have this service, please call your Financial Institution to make a payment from your savings, cheque, or credit card account
- Australia Post either in person, online, or phone by Australia Post Billpay
- Cheque or money order posted with a payment slip in the reusable envelope
- EFT - please refer to details on your rates notice
- Nuriootpa Principal Office in-person between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, or by cash, cheque, or EFTPOS
- Lyndoch and Mount Pleasant branch offices between 9am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Angaston branch office, between 2pm-5pm Monday, 9am-1pm Tuesday, or 1pm-5pm Wednesday to Friday
If you are experiencing or think you might experience difficulty with meeting the standard payment arrangements please get in touch with us to discuss alternative payment arrangements on 8563 8424.
Such enquiries are treated confidentially by us at Council.
Change of address
How are your rates calculated?
Your rates are calculated based on the following:
- valuation of your property
- local government category eg. primary production, residential, etc
- the rate applied to your valuation
- any fixed charge
- service rates and charges e.g. waste services
- other levies Council is required to collect for State Government e.g. Landscape SA Levy.
Impacts on rates due to COVID-19
The impacts from COVID-19 may affect property valuations and the rates and taxes you pay. For information on how this may affect rates and charges in South Australia refer to The Office of the Valuer-General COVID-19 Response Fact Sheet