Rates and charges information
Rates can be paid in full by 1 September or in four approximately equal instalments due in the first weeks of September, December, March and June. A new notice is sent out a month before the due date for each instalment. Payments must be paid and received by Council on or before the following dates:
- 29th September 2020
- 1st December 2020
- 2nd March 2021
- 1st June 2021
- By BPAY - if you do not already have this facility, please call your participating Financial Institution to make a payment from your savings, cheque, or credit card account
- Through Australia Post in person, internet or phone via Australia Post Billpay
- By posting a cheque or money order with a payment slip in the reusable envelope
- EFT - details on rates notice
- In-person, by cash, cheque, or by an EFTPOS terminal at the Principal Office, Nuriootpa, between 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- At Branch Offices at Lyndoch and Mount Pleasant 9:00am - 12:30 pm and 1:30pm - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- At the Angaston Branch Office, Monday 2:00pm - 5:00pm, Tuesday 9:00 am to 1:00pm, Wednesday to Friday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Any ratepayer who may, or is likely to, experience difficulty with meeting the standard payment arrangements is invited to telephone 8563 8424 to discuss alternative payment arrangements. Such enquiries are treated confidentially by the Council.
- Via Council's secure ePayment gateway >
Change of address
How are your rates calculated?
Your rates are calculated based on the following:
- valuation of your property
- local government category eg. primary production, residential, etc
- the rate applied to your valuation
- any fixed charge
- service rates and charges e.g. waste services
- other levies Council is required to collect for State Government e.g. Landscape SA Levy.