Do I need approval to erect a new fence?
You will require approval from council for your fence if any of the following applies:
- your fence exceeds 2.1 metres in height, including attachments, retaining wall, or other
- your fence masonry, (brick, stone, etc), exceeds 1 metre in height, including any retaining wall
- your fence exceeds 1 metre in height within 6 metres of an intersection of any street, other than where a 4m x 4m corner cut-off exists. This is measured from the property boundary
- your fence is in the historic and conservation zones and/or is a state or local heritage dwelling
- your fence is to be a safety barrier for a swimming pool or spa pool
- your fence is a brush fence that is within 3 metres of an existing or proposed dwelling, or a flat or apartment building.