Skip to main content

Water licences and dams

Water affecting activities need to be managed carefully. Construction of a dam, levee, mound or structure for collecting, directing or diverting water requires either development approval or a permit.

Where development approval is not required, a water affecting activity permit may be required from the Landscape South Australia Northern and Yorke.

For information refer to our Water Licences and Dams Development Fact Sheet or check the Plan SA Wizard to identify if a dam on your property may require development approval.

Subscribe to stay up to date