Getting ready for the new planning system
The Barossa Council area is currently covered by The Barossa Council Development Plan. However, South Australia is currently transitioning to a new planning system. The PlanSA website provides the entry point to the new system. Through PlanSA, the planning and development system is taken online and underpinned by the statewide Planning and Design Code. Through PlanSA, South Australians will be able to do more including:
- lodge development applications online
- monitor and track progress of development applications online
- receive decision notices electronically – and get faster approvals
- gain 24/7 fast access to searchable and reliable planning information, publications, maps and data
- easily access the latest planning news and updates
- access online planning policy and spatial map information online
- track Planning and Design Code amendments online
- check the online register of accredited professionals.
The new planning system also introduces new complaint handling procedures for assessment panels, assessment managers, and accredited professionals.
The final phase of the new planning system, which includes the Barossa, is expected to proceed in 2021. Until this final phase is implemented, development applications will be assessed against the Barossa Development Plan and the Development Act 1993 and Development Regulations 2008.