Skip to main content
Stallholder at outdoor market

Development and Business

Business event applications

When making an event application you will be asked to provide an event summary and possibly a site map, public liability insurance, traffic management or parking requirements, security, waste management, signage, and other requirements. If you are serving food or alcohol you will need the appropriate licenses. COVID-19 regulations apply as per SA Health regulations.

Fees apply depending on the selected site and scale of the event. To support your event, we need 8 weeks' notice.

Events at community facilities are managed in accordance with Council's Event Management Policy.

Event application


So that we can support your event best a minimum of 8 weeks notice is required.

SECTION 1 Event Applicant Details

Residential address

How many people will be attending your event?

SECTION 2 Event Proposed Details

Event title and location *

Provide a unique name for your event

Event title and location *

Event date/s
Event start date/time *
Event end date/time *
Event set up and pack up date/s

If required

Event set up date/time

If required

Event pack up date/time

SECTION 3 Event Summary Details

Do you have Public Liability insurance *
Will you require traffic management, temporary road closures, or temporary parking controls? *
Will you be providing, consuming and/or selling alcohol? *
Will food be sold and/or provided by a caterer and/or event organiser?  *
Will you require security? *
Will you require stall holders? *
Will you require marquees or tents? *

The pegging of any marquee or structure is not allowed due to underground services

Will you require amusement devices eg. bouncy castles? *
Will you be using fireworks? *

If Yes, a plan will be required from the Event Organiser

Will you require staging, platforms, party hire and/or portable toilets? *
Will you be having animals or petting zoos? *

If Yes, Event Organiser to ensure hand sanitisers is available

Will you need access to power? *
Will you need a PA system and/or music? *
Will first Aid facilities and services be available at your event? *
Will the event be ticketed, or an admission fee charged? *

SECTION 4 Event Organiser Declaration

Full Name
Date *

Provide any other details regarding the event if you wish

Event fee reduction application

Applicant Details
Event Details

Provide the event title from your Event Application

Provide the location/venue from your Event Application

Fee reduction request
10 characters left
Is your organisation registered for GST? *

An Incorporated Body? *
Not for Profit? *

Has your organisation received previous funding or fee discounts from The Barossa Council? *
If Yes, please indicate most recent date your organisation received previous funding or fee discounts.

Is your event a ticketed event? *

Include any supporting material (add attachment if appropriate), number of likely participants, benefit to community etc.

  1. Acknowledgement of the support of The Barossa Council must be made on all promotional material produced in relation to this application.
  2. All advertising material will incorporate The Barossa Council official logo. Please contact Customer Support.
  3. Acknowledgement of the support of The Barossa Council will be made in your organisation’s annual report.
  4. All general and special conditions as documented on the Event Application Form for occupancy / hiring / use will be adhered to at all times.

A complete list of venues available for hire, including facilities available and fees payable, can be found on our Recreation & Venues page.

Liquor licensing

Where alcohol is to be sold, supplied or consumed you may be required to obtain a Limited Liquor Licence under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 and supply a Covid Marshal.

Alcohol dry areas

If you are planning an event on Council land, please be aware alcohol dry areas are in effect in Barossa townships to reduce public drinking and anti-social or criminal behaviour. These operate in the townships of Angaston, Lyndoch, Mount Pleasant, Nuriootpa, Tanunda and Williamstown from 10pm each day to 8am on the following day. People can consume alcohol or possess open containers of alcohol in these areas outside of these times.

A dry area is an area where the consumption of alcohol or possession of open containers of alcohol is prohibited. This applies even if you are just moving through a dry area. This includes possessing alcohol in an open container, whether the alcohol is being consumed or not. You can however possess alcohol (e.g. a carton of beer, a bottle of wine or alcohol in an esky) in a dry area provided the containers are unopened.

Legislation also enables patrons who consumed a bottled wine on a licensed premises with a meal, to carry the unconsumed portion of that wine in its original container through a dry area when they leave the premises. In these circumstances the person with the unsealed container will need to prove that it was purchased at a licenced premises and consumed with a meal.

Subscribe to stay up to date