COVID-19 business support
Applications are currently closed and applicants will be advised of the outcome in due course.
As part of our $470,000 COVID-19 Recovery Plan we launched the $150,000 business and community COVID-19 recovery grants.
Business grants of $1000 to $3000 are being targeted at micro and small businesses within the tourism, hospitality, retail and creative industries sectors. The grants will provide funding of up to 66% of costs that have or will be incurred by eligible businesses.
The grant monies may be used to cover a range of expenses including, but not limited to:
- Setting up and buying materials to support COVID Safe Plans or the safe management of operating the business or community group;
- Assist in matching funds for other grant applications made by the business;
- Obtain necessary business advice, support or assistance to develop a new business plan;
- Undertake and support any marketing and promotion activity;
- Purchasing new inventory, materials or other consumables (for clubs/groups) to operate or commence fundraising activities.
Recognising the entrepreneurialism of the area’s businesses, the grant committee will consider any ideas that support a business or group to be sustainable during the pandemic.
For more information see our COVID-19 Recovery Business Assistance Grant Policy program and rules.
Council has extended rate relief options for Barossa ratepayers impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you are experiencing hardship as a result of COVID 19 you can apply to defer payment of all outstanding 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 rates and charges until 31 January 2021 without any fines or interest. This also applies to other accrued years’ balances.
Business ratepayer(s) must have been operating prior to 1 January 2020, experienced financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 during the relevant period* and experienced a loss of profitability of at least 30% as verified by a financial counsellor, financial advisor, and/or accountant.
*COVID-19 relevant period: the financial comparison information to be provided with the application between 22 March 2020 to 30 June 2020 as compared to the period prior to COVID-19.
For more information see the 'Extra-Ordinary Provision – COVID-19' within the Rates Hardship Policy.