Pest and vermin
- Rats and mice – Under the Public Health Act 2011 as a property owner or occupier you are responsible for preventing conditions which may contribute to a rat or mouse infestation.
- European wasps – do not disturb wasp nests or wasps as they can sting multiple times. If you find a nest location notify us so our Environmental Health Officers can eradicate it.
- Mosquitos - any body of water has the potential to act as a mosquito breeding ground. Water tank openings should be covered with mesh to prevent the entry of adult mosquitoes, and water can be treated with a small amount of kerosene or medicinal paraffin oil to deter these insects. Further information on personal protection and control against mosquitoes can be found via SA Health.
- Flies – breeding can be minimised by ensuring your waste bins have tight-fitting lids.
- Little Corellas – can be a problem in our council area and so we have implemented a control program.