Other waste services
Hazardous waste Didsposal
If your property has old or unwanted chemicals that you would like to dispose of please take them to the Household Hazardous Waste Depot, a service provided by Green Industries SA. This service is provided for residents and farmers to dispose of hazardous waste safety, responsibly and free of charge.
Hazardous waste includes:
- Acids and alkalis
- Brake fluid and coolants
- Motor oil
- Cleaning products
- Liquid paints – oil and water-based up to 100 litres
- Gas cylinders
- Pesticides, herbicides, insecticides
- Photographic chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Solvents, varnishes and stains
- Fluorescent light globes
- Other household chemicals
Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous material, which has been mined in Australia and overseas from several types of mineral rock.
If left undisturbed asbestos generally does not pose a health risk, however, when disturbed during renovations and home maintenance, asbestos has the potential to cause severe health concerns if inhaled.
Removal of asbestos from domestic premises:
- Generally, asbestos products left undisturbed do not present a significant health risk provided the material is in reasonable condition.
- A homeowner may remove asbestos sheeting from their own property without a licence provided they follow the safety control measures described on the Safe Work SA webpage.
- Once asbestos products have been safely removed, packaged and labelled, they must be transported to an EPA licenced landfill or waste transfer station.
- Some renovation or demolition activities may require planning/building approval, please contact us on 8563 8444 before the commencement of any work.
For further information on how to remove asbestos safely and a list of waste transfer stations that accept asbestos please visit
For a list of registered asbestos removalists please visit Safe Work SA.
drumMuster provides Australian agricultural and veterinary chemical users with a recycling pathway for eligible empty agvet chemical containers. Kuchel Contractors are a registered collection point. Collections are accepted Monday & Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
An appointment is required for deliveries of over 30 drums.
Skip bin permits
If you intend to temporarily place a skip bin on a footpath, road or council reserve you will need to apply for a Permit.