Skip to main content
People at an event sitting at an outside table.

Recreation and Venues

Hire a venue or space

Whether you're planning a private function, concert, festival or sporting carnival, The Barossa Council has a wide range of venues, parks and reserves for hire.

Events at community facilities are managed in accordance with Council's Event Management Policy.

Venue hire enquiry

For more information on facilities or styles of hire, please submit an enquiry form to assist our team in checking that your venue of interest is available and suited to your needs or contact our Customer Support team on 8563 8444.

Please enter your full name.

Your name

Please enter your email so we can get in touch.

Is the proposed venue hire a once-off or ongoing occurrence? *

If you need venue hire ongoing for regular use, you’ll be required to enter into a lease or licence agreement if the venue is available.

Provide any details of the event Eg. number of attendees, time of event, etc

Event applications

Once your Venue hire enquiry date and details have been confirmed, you can apply to hire the venue by completing an event application form.

Your event application is not considered finalised until Council approval has been met and advised in writing or by email. Use of Council facilities is subject to Event Conditions. Please ensure you are familiar with these conditions prior to completing an application.

Event permits and licences

Depending on the infrastructure, entertainment and attractions planned for your event you may require specific permits and licences.

Permits ensure public safety and amenity in public spaces and assist in the responsible management of our facilities and to help us support your event Council requires a minimum of 8 weeks notice.

Application Type Timeframe
Road Closures (Council Road) Where events impact our Roads and Road Reserves, Council requires a minimum of 3 months notice.
Sale of Food & Amenities If you are to sell, serve or offer food at your event, Application forms are to be submitted to Council at least 14 days prior to your event.
Fireworks Council requires a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice.
Alcohol Where alcohol is to be sold, supplied or consumed at your event, Applications are to be submitted at least 14 days prior to your event


For information regarding event inclusion, please refer to our Planning Accessible Events page.

Venues available for hire

Parks available for hire

Subscribe to stay up to date