MOUNT LOFTY RANGES FIRE BAN DISTRICT
The Fire Danger Season
Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Danger Season Starts
17th November 2018
Mount Lofty Ranges
The Fire Danger Season will commence on Saturday 17th November 2018.
Due to drier than normal weather conditions this fire danger season will commence earlier than the traditional 1st of December.
Residents are encouraged to prepare their properties for this fire danger season by reducing the amount of vegetation, fuel and undergrowth around the property. This is one of the most important aspects of fire prevention and preparedness. Council’s Fire Prevention Officers have commenced their annual inspections of properties across the Council area.
Council is urging everyone to be prepared this summer by:
- Mowing long grass and cleaning up flammable undergrowth from around their home and property.
- Creating a defendable space around the home by carefully managing trees, shrubs and vegetation and moving flammable material away from the house.
- Clearing flammable leaves and debris from gutters and around the home.
- In rural areas, slashing firebreaks and grazing paddocks to reduce the fuel loads.
- Having a reliable, independent water supply.
- Prepare and practice a bushfire survival plan and stay informed.
The CFS website has a wealth of information about how you can become bushfire ready this season. There are tips on how to prepare your property, what to do in the event of a fire, how to stay informed and how to develop and enact a bushfire survival plan. The CFS Facebook page is also a valuable way to keep informed about events and warnings.
For more information on Fire Bans and Ratings please click the link
For 24 hour advice in relation to fire restrictions or fire bans, contact the CFS Bushfire Information Hotline on 1300 362 361 or visit the CFS website.