The Barossa Council is pleased to be launching the $150,000 business and community grant program to provide support to assist in community and economic recovery within the Council area.
Business grants of $1000 to $3000 are being targeted at micro and small businesses within the tourism, hospitality, retail and creative industries sectors. Community grants of $500 to $3000 are available to not-for-profit organisations and community groups. The grants will provide funding of up to 66% of costs that have or will be incurred by eligible businesses or groups.
The grant monies may be used to cover a range of expenses including, but not limited to:
- Setting up and buying materials to support COVID Safe Plans or the safe management of operating the business or community group;
- Assist in matching funds for other grant applications made by the business;
- Obtain necessary business advice, support or assistance to develop a new business plan;
- Undertake and support any marketing and promotion activity;
- Purchasing new inventory, materials or other consumables (for clubs/groups) to operate or commence fundraising activities.
Recognising the entrepreneurialism of the area’s groups and businesses, the grant committee will consider any ideas that support a business or group to be sustainable during the pandemic.
How to apply
Grant applications are open now until 5pm Wednesday 23 September. Email the completed application form to email@example.com