As part of their $470,000 COVID-19 Recovery Plan Council is pleased to be launching the $150,000 business and community grant program to provide support to assist in community and economic recovery within the Council area.
Business grants of $1000 to $3000 are being targeted at micro and small businesses within the tourism, hospitality, retail and creative industries sectors. Community grants of $500 to $3000 are available to not-for-profit organisations and community groups. The grants will provide funding of up to 66% of costs that have or will be incurred by eligible businesses or groups.
“We know it’s been a difficult year for many businesses and community groups due to the impacts of COVID-19.
We want to ensure that these organisations, which are so integral to our region, are able to continue, and envision these grants will be of some assistance in resuming their operations in this ‘new normal’ environment.” said Mayor Bim Lange.
The grant monies may be used to cover a range of expenses including, but not limited to:
- Setting up and buying materials to support COVID Safe Plans or the safe management of operating the business or community group;
- Assist in matching funds for other grant applications made by the business;
- Obtain necessary business advice, support or assistance to develop a new business plan;
- Undertake and support any marketing and promotion activity;
- Purchasing new inventory, materials or other consumables (for clubs/groups) to operate or commence fundraising activities.
Recognising the entrepreneurialism of the area’s groups and businesses, the grant committee will consider any ideas that support a business or group to be sustainable during the pandemic.
In addition to the COVID-19 recovery grants, Council’s rolling Community Assistance Scheme continues to operate, with an increase of $150,000 over the next two years.
Grant applications are open now until 5pm Wednesday 23 September. Email completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org