All new development, including extensions and some modifications to existing buildings, requires approval under the Development Act. Common forms of development are:
- A change in the use of land
- Building work (including construction, demolition or removal of a building)
- The division of an allotment
Some activities and acts are declared to be 'not development', and therefore do not require an application or approval. Council's Environmental Services Section can help with any enquiries about the development approval process and its requirements.
- Development Application Form
- Development Application Fees
- Building Safely Near Powerlines
- Lodge a Development Application
If a Waste Water Application is required to be submitted with your development application, please click here to view information on Waste Water Systems, Septic Tank and Waste Water System Application Fees.
Further details regarding Development Applications & Fees can be obtained by contacting the Development and Environmental Services Section, on (08) 8563 8481 or via email email@example.com
Development Application Register
Please click here to access Council's Development Application Register