Procurement Policy and Purchasing Process
Council's Procurement Policy seeks to:
- define the methods by which Council can acquire good and services;
- demonstrate probity, accountability and responsibility of Council to all stakeholders;
- be fair and equitable to all parties involved;
- enable consistency of approach in the application of procurement processes: and
- ensure that the best possible outcome is achieved for Council.
Example of a manual purchase order; white copy to supplier or contractor, green copy to Council (Manager Administrative Services).
The Purchasing Process provides an overview on how to go about Committee purchasing activities: